The venue for GOED Exchange 2020 is the Hotel Arts Barcelona, a Ritz Carlton property overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Guests have the chance to check out one of Barcelona’s most famous pieces of contemporary public art—a monumental golden fish-like sculpture by artist Frank Gehry, which was created for the 1992 Olympic Games — in front of the hotel.
Click here to register at the hotel as an Exchange attendee. Exchange attendees are entitled to a room rate of €255 plus applicable taxes, which includes breakfast. The group rate is extended three days before and after the event based on availability.
Helpful info for attendees:
- Uber is not available in Barcelona but there is a public transportation app called TMBAPP, which provides details on the bus or metro schedule and options. Taxis are also abundantly available and should cost approximately €35 from the airport to the Hotel Arts.
- Please be aware of pickpockets during your travels in Barcelona, especially at the airport and in any tourist areas such as Las Ramblas or near the Sagrada Familia.
- On Tuesday (February 4th) the conference begins at 1:30 pm and there is a special pre-conference workshopin the morning from 10:30-11:30 am. Lunch is on your own that day and the primary lunch restaurant at the hotel is closed for renovation. The hotel is located within walking distance of many restaurant options. As you may know, in Spain lunch is a leisurely meal so we recommend allowing more than one hour to eat. Here are restaurants that open prior to 12:00 pm or at noon:
- Dinner on Tuesday is also on your own. The hotel restaurant (Enoteca) has two Michelin stars — reservations are suggested — or the concierge can help with outside reservations.
- Breakfast is included with your hotel reservation and your conference registration includes lunch on Wednesday and Thursday and dinner on Wednesday night.
FC Barcelona jersey raffle
- Thanks to GOED member Solutex, we are very excited to have secured an authentic FC Barcelona futbol jersey, signed by Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Busquets, Ivan Rakitic and Jordi Alba.
- All attendees may purchase a ticket to win the shirt; winner will be chosen during lunch on Thursday.
- Raffle tickets are US$50 each and you may purchase in advance or on-site. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on how to purchase in advance.